Imagine this: you are at one of the grandest stages of India, presenting your work in front of a highly knowledgeable audience. You explain the various mysteries of the Universe and answer every single question directed towards you. You are applauded for your paper and are rewarded handsomely. Now stop imagining and make it happen!
Here is the event to make all that come true! National Students’ Space Challenge brings to you: Paper Presentation. Present your works to the nation and get rewarded!
“The curvature of spacetime is influenced by the presence of Gravity” - this statement shows the major breakthrough in the way we perceive the Universe; that came when the genius Albert Einstein published his work on General Relativity. But when this work is related to the outcomes of special relativity - saying that no information can travel faster than light, it was hypothesized that acceleration of masses would cause disturbances in space-time, similar to how accelerating charges produce electromagnetic waves.
Through some interesting events such as neutron stars merging and supernovae, it has been observed that such disturbances in masses cause ripples in the spacetime continuum. These are now called Gravitational Waves. Einstein's mathematics showed that massive accelerating objects (such as neutron stars or black holes orbiting each other) would disrupt space-time in such a way that 'waves' of distorted space would radiate from the source.
Through recent times efforts have been made to observe and study these waves and their properties. Studying them reveals about the structure and history of our universe.
For detailed problem statement Click Here.
- Format: The online report must be submitted in PDF formats only. Report must be submitted in English language. All other formats will automatically be rejected.
- Page Limit: The report must not exceed 16 pages which include front page, index, appendix and bibliography. The font size used for writing the content should be 12-14.
- The final round, that is, the Presentation and Questionnaire, will be held during NSSC 2019 at IIT Kharagpur
- The time limit for the presentation is 14 minutes.
- The teams have to wrap up the presentation within the given time limit. A warning bell shall be issued one minute before the time limit.
- However, the presentation for the final round will be in PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX) format (Please note carefully).
- The diagrams should be neat and clearly labelled and images must be given credit.
- You may draw your own labelled illustrations wherever required and embed paper work as images wherever necessary.
- Team Size: The maximum permissible number of members in a participating team is 2. However, they need not belong to the same institute/ college/ university.
- The best teams will be selected and they will be presenting their reports in NSSC'19 at IIT Kharagpur.
- All teams must submit the digital version of their documents latest by 30th September, 2019 along with the names, contact and institute details of the participants. Entries without the above details will not be accepted.
- All entries have to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top 3 teams will be awarded a Certificate of Excellence for the event.
- Prize money worth 20,000 INR will be distributed to the winning teams.
- Plagiarism in content shall not be accepted and will result in cancellation of the entry.
- 45 points for the Report submitted as part of the Preliminary round
- 40 points for the Final Presentation (if selected for the final round) which will be conducted during NSSC 2019.
- 15 points for the Questionnaire session after the presentation.
- Extra points will be awarded for posing well-reasoned questions.
- Sai Harshendu : +91-9933900111 | email@example.com
- Yashraj Motwani : +91-9096240787 | firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The event consists of 100 points. They are distributed as follows: