Mathematics is everywhere, from the most complex of phenomena such as spacecraft manoeuvres to seemingly the simplest ones like folding papers and creating shapes. Origami has been one of the oldest art forms known to man and it traces its connection to mathematics since its very inception. In recent history, origami and topology have become synonymous with each other and have found a myriad of applications in the field of space technology. The uses of this “simple” technique of folding stuff has found its way to satellite technology even. Recognising this great field, National Students’ Space Challenge brings to you the event, Science of Paper Folding.
RULES AND REGULATION
- There will be 2 rounds in the event.
- Round 1 will be an online quiz event consisting of questions on basic concepts of geometry and topology. The top 20 teams garnering exceptional results in the quiz will be selected for the second round
- Round 2 of the event will take place on campus. It will consist of a Problem Statement which the participants will be required to solve within a given time limit. Maximum team size is 2. The team members may not necessarily be from the same institution.
- Maximum team size is 2. The team members may not necessarily be from the same institution.
- Top 3 teams will be awarded by Certificate of Excellence for the event.
- Prize money worth 10,000 INR will be distributed among the winning teams.
- Sai Harshendu : +91-9933900111 | email@example.com
- Yashraj Motwani : +91-9096240787 | firstname.lastname@example.org